Tips for building a profitable website
Having a website for your business is no longer an option. It is rather a necessity. This is because many of us tend to go to the internet or various websites to look for the products and services we want or wish to buy. Such has become this phenomenon that many believe a particular product or service may not exist at all if we are not able to find it on the internet. It is very vital to provide your prospective clients with all the information they require about your product or service before they decide to buy from you. An online presence or a website will give you a very quick way of doing that. To convince people to buy from you through your website, you need to get them to your website first. Many businesses are not able to do this due to the fact that certain basic principles are ignored during the web design and web development process or during the design and construction of their website. Many websites are constructed in such a way that instead of attracting prospective customers, they rather drive them away. In the coming weeks we will be taking you through all the necessary guidelines that will help you to build a website without falling into those traps that many small businesses have fallen into. This will enable you to use your website to
- grow your business,
- increase your turnover and hopefully
- increase your your profits.
If you follow and apply these guidelines, you will be able to
- attract prospects who would be highly-motivated and ready to buy from you
- build a database of prospects who would be highly motivated
- turn visitors to your website into clients and customers who would be willing to buy from you
- convert the paying clients into loyal, repeat clients
- So where do you start when you want to build a website that you can use to generate revenue for your business?
Pick a Domain name that is memorable for your business website
Many hosting companies may offer you a free domain name when you buy a hosting plan. However, you would be better off choosing your own and in doing so choose one that reflects your business. Having your own domain name is very likely to make an impression on your prospective clients It is advisable to choose a domain name that is easy to memorise and type. If somebody can see your domain name in a flash and be able to type it correctly into web browser then, you are on the right path. It is also advisable to do away with names that contain dots or hyphens. Prospects find it very difficult to remember such web addresses. When picking your domain name, choose a name that
- shows or explains the type of business you are in
- shows or explains of the type of service you are offering
- shows or explains what the site is about